Job Opportunity – Web Applications Developer
itgroove Professional Services (Victoria, BC) is in search of a Web Applications Developer. We are looking for someone with a solid grasp of web technologies, proven experience in delivering quality work and willing to learn and adapt to an ever changing environment.
What we’re looking for technically:
- 1 – 2 years demonstrated web application development experience
- Experience with UX and UI design
- HTML (experience with HTML 5 an asset)
- Strong CSS skills (CSS3 an asset)
- Experience with NodeJS and NPM
- Understanding of modern development patterns (MVC) and other web application frameworks
- Experience with REST web services
What we’re after on the human side:
- A good communicator (able to express yourself clearly verbally and in writing)
- The ability to clearly articulate complex technical topics in language that the end user can understand
- Ability to listen, hear requirements and convert them into technical objectives
- Willingness and commitment to take ownership of tasks, establish and communicate realistic timelines and follow through on commitments
- The willingness to take direction, work independently and ask for help when you need it
- The ability to multitask and prioritize competing deliverables
- Willingness to learn and grow your skills
- Experience with PHP MySQL
- Experience with SharePoint or Office 365
- Experience with content management systems (especially WordPress)
- Graphic Design experience and / or experience with the Adobe Creative Suite
- NET (C#) and / or experience with Visual Studio
- SQL Database Experience
If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you.
Why work with us?
itgroove is a ten person strong team of technology experts. Our strength is our team. No one person can know it all. We support each other, learn from each other and have a great time doing it.
At itgroove, we believe in solving problems and learning by drinking from the fire hose.
You’ll Be Part of a Growing Team
Challenges are part of the fun. Our crew’s experience and talents are put to the test with customer situations.
You Can Build a Career
Learn from a strong team and gain experience with customer challenges. We want someone to grow with.
You’ll Be Making a Difference
We are passionate about getting organizations working smoothly, while also supporting the community the best way we can.
How To Apply
- Deadline to apply: April 7, 2017
- Please submit your resume and a cover letter as Word or PDF documents.
- Please indicate the position you are applying for in the cover letter and/or subject line.
- Send email attachments to: email@example.com