Microsoft Sharepoint Services
What is Microsoft SharePoint?
Organizations use SharePoint to create websites to store, organize, and access information across multiple devices. Some companies use SharePoint to build their Internet websites to publish information to the public. Others organizations use SharePoint to build internal, password-protected Intranet websites to securely and centrally manage and share their internal documents and files across an organization.
Microsoft designed SharePoint to be highly configurable platform – so it can also be used for automating business processes using electronic forms and workflows.
What SharePoint Can Be Used For
- Intranet Portal websites
- Corporate Social Network
- Extranet websites
- Public Internet websites
- Team Sites and Project Sites
- Internal Communications Systems
- Policy and Procedure Wikis
- Knowledge Blogs
- Shared Contacts or Calendars
- Personal Cloud
- Document Management with Version History
- Collaborative Live Editing
- Records Management
- Legal Discovery
- Time Sheet and Time Entry Systems
- Vacation Request Systems
- Mileage Tracking Systems
- Expense Tracking Systems
- Purchase Request Systems
- Issue Tracking Systems
- Project Status Update Dashboards
- Cheques and Deposits System
- Room or Resource Management System
- Task Scheduler Systems
- Sales Pipeline System
- Product Expiry Tracker System
- Secure Password Storage System
- Change Control Calendars and Systems
When SharePoint Goes Wrong, it’s often because…
- Poor Planning – SharePoint changes the way your staff will work & think.
- No Governance – SharePoint can grow into a disorganized mess without IT & Business champions.
- No Training – Training is essential for both your IT team & your business users to succeed.
- No Budget – Planning, Governance, training and third party tools require time & money.
- Dreaming Big – Scope creep can occur very easily in SharePoint projects without clear goals.
The Typical End-to-End SharePoint Implementation
- Scoping and Discovery
- Farm Installation or Office 365 Preparation
- Third Party Components and Backups
- Intranet and Site Wireframes
- Master Pages, CSS, and Layouts
- Establish the Intranet
- Create/Pilot the First Team Site
- Create/Pilot the First Project Site
- Create Team and Project Site Templates and Process
- User Profiles and Personal Sites
- Customize Search
- Business User and SharePoint Champion Training
- IT Pro Training
- Post Support
- itGuardian Service Agreement
Contact us for a copy of our “Typical SharePoint Starter Engagement” document – this includes work effort estimates for each phase of a Typical End-to-End SharePoint Implementation.
Learn more about the SharePoint Services that we offer.