Job Opportunity – Business Technology Consultant
itgroove Professional Services (Victoria, BC) is in search of a Business Technology Consultant. We are looking for someone with a solid grasp of cloud technologies, proven experience in delivering quality work and willing to learn and adapt to an ever changing environment.
The Business Technology Consultant role at itgroove focuses on empowering clients by delivering exceptional consulting services in the following areas:
- Business Analysis: Work with clients to review business processes and systems, and gather requirements / user stories for the implementation of new solutions. Produce wireframes and other technical requirements documentation to translate to itgroove’s Solutions Architects and Graphic Designers.
- Enablement: Work with client to integrate and deploy cloud business tools such as Microsoft Power Apps, Microsoft Power BI and Microsoft Flow to create powerful business process solutions.
- Adoption: Work with clients and other itgroove teams and resources to drive adoption of cloud services such as Office 365, Azure and custom-built solutions by providing coaching to end-users, power users and administrators.
- Technical Account Management: Serve as the lead technical resource on designated client accounts. Provide relationship management, project coordination and ongoing communication with the client.
What we’re looking for technically:
- Experience in a consulting environment
- Experience with an Agile approach to project management
- Experience with basic application / systems architecture
- Experience with the Microsoft Cloud platforms (Azure, Office 365)
- Experience with change management practices
- Experience with testing and quality assurance
- Knowledge of databases and data modeling
- Knowledge of basic user experience design principals
- Experience interfacing with business users, and IT stakeholders
- Demonstrated time management skills, and ability to be involved in multiple projects simultaneously
- Post secondary degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent work experience
What we’re after on the human side:
- A good communicator (able to express yourself clearly verbally and in writing)
- The ability to clearly articulate complex technical topics in language that the end user can understand
- Ability to listen, hear requirements and convert them into technical objectives
- Willingness and commitment to take ownership of tasks, establish and communicate realistic timelines and follow through on commitments
- The willingness to take direction, work independently and ask for help when you need it
- The ability to multitask and prioritize competing deliverables
- Willingness to learn and grow your skills
If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you.
Why work with us?
itgroove is a ten person strong team of technology experts. Our strength is our team. No one person can know it all. We support each other, learn from each other and have a great time doing it.
At itgroove, we believe in solving problems and learning by drinking from the fire hose.
You’ll Be Part of a Growing Team
Challenges are part of the fun. Our crew’s experience and talents are put to the test with customer situations.
You Can Build a Career
Learn from a strong team and gain experience with customer challenges. We want someone to grow with.
You’ll Be Making a Difference
We are passionate about getting organizations working smoothly, while also supporting the community the best way we can.
How To Apply
- Deadline to apply: October 1, 2017
- Please submit your resume and a cover letter as Word or PDF documents.
- Please indicate the position you are applying for in the cover letter and/or subject line.
- Send email attachments to: firstname.lastname@example.org