Job Opportunity – UX Specialist
itgroove Professional Services (Victoria, BC) is in search of a UX Specialist. We are looking for someone with a solid grasp of user experience design, web technologies, proven experience in delivering quality work and willing to learn and adapt to an ever changing environment.
The successful candidate must be willing to relocate to Victoria, BC.
Under the direction of the Team Lead – Design:
- Prototype and design features and overall look and feel for web based application
- Design well thought-out solutions for usability challenges across different web platforms
- Collaborate with team leads and the development team on the design and development process
- Work with clients to map out challenges and user stories that needs to be addressed within the UX and UI
- Assist with developing and shaping our design patterns and practices
- Test features for usability and make adjustments where necessary
What we’re looking for technically:
- 1 – 2 years demonstrated design and / or development experience
- Experience designing, prototyping and coordinating the implementation of UX / UI within a development team
- Experience with responsive and mobile first design
- Strong graphic design skills focused on the digital space (web and application development)
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud
- HTML (including experience with HTML 5)
- Strong CSS skills (CSS3 an asset)
What we’re after on the human side:
- Creativity. We are looking for someone to come in with good ideas willing to look at problems and create solutions for our clients that are beautiful and functional.
- Be passionate and keep yourself inspired by researching the latest trends and technologies across many areas of design.
- A good communicator (able to express yourself clearly verbally and in writing)
- The ability to clearly articulate complex technical topics in language that the end user can understand
- Ability to listen, hear requirements and convert them into technical objectives
- Willingness and commitment to take ownership of tasks, establish and communicate realistic timelines and follow through on commitments
- The willingness to take direction, work independently and ask for help when you need it
- The ability to multitask and prioritize competing deliverables
- Willingness to learn and grow your skills
- Experience with SharePoint or Office 365
- Experience working within a development team, especially in an Agile environment
- Experience with content management systems (especially WordPress)
- Experience with React or AngularJS
If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you.
Why work with us?
Our strength is our team. No one person can know it all. We support each other, learn from each other and have a great time doing it.
At itgroove, we believe in solving problems and learning by drinking from the fire hose.
You’ll Be Part of a Growing Team
Challenges are part of the fun. Our crew’s experience and talents are put to the test with customer situations.
You Can Build a Career
Learn from a strong team and gain experience with customer challenges. We want someone to grow with.
You’ll Be Making a Difference
We are passionate about getting organizations working smoothly, while also supporting the community the best way we can.
How To Apply
- Deadline to apply: November 13, 2017
- Please submit your resume and a cover letter as Word or PDF documents.
- Please indicate the position you are applying for in the cover letter and/or subject line.
- Send email attachments to: email@example.com