Job Opportunity – Web Applications Developer
itgroove Professional Services (Victoria, BC) is in search of a Web Applications Developer. We are looking for someone with a solid grasp of web technologies, proven experience in delivering quality work and willing to learn and adapt to an ever-changing environment.
What we’re looking for technically:
- 1 – 2 years demonstrated web application development experience
- Experience with UX and UI implementation
- HTML (experience with HTML 5 an asset)
- Strong CSS skills (CSS3 an asset)
- Experience with React or AngularJS
- Experience with NodeJS and NPM
- Understanding of modern development patterns (MVC) and other web application frameworks
- Experience with web service development
- Experience with source control and scrum based development
What we’re after on the human side:
- A good communicator (able to express yourself clearly verbally and in writing)
- The ability to clearly articulate complex technical topics in language that the end user can understand
- Ability to listen, hear requirements and convert them into technical objectives
- Willingness and commitment to take ownership of tasks, establish and communicate realistic timelines and follow through on commitments
- The willingness to take direction, work independently and ask for help when you need it
- The ability to multitask and prioritize competing deliverables
- Willingness to learn and grow your skills
- Experience with SharePoint or Office 365
- Experience working within a development team, especially in an Agile environment
- Experience with content management systems (especially WordPress)
- Graphic Design experience and/or experience with the Adobe Creative Suite
- ASP.NET MVC or Core (C#) and/or experience with Visual Studio
- Database Experience SQL/No SQL
- Micro-Services architecture experience
- Experience with PHP MySQL
If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you.
Why work with us?
Our strength is our team. No one person can know it all. We support each other, learn from each other and have a great time doing it.
At itgroove, we believe in solving problems and learning by drinking from the fire hose.
You’ll Be Part of a Growing Team
Challenges are part of the fun. Our crew’s experience and talents are put to the test with customer situations.
You Can Build a Career
Learn from a strong team and gain experience with customer challenges. We want someone to grow with.
You’ll Be Making a Difference
We are passionate about getting organizations working smoothly, while also supporting the community the best way we can.
How To Apply
- Deadline to apply: November 13, 2017
- Please submit your resume and a cover letter as Word or PDF documents.
- Please indicate the position you are applying for in the cover letter and/or subject line.
- Send email attachments to: firstname.lastname@example.org