Who we are:
itgroove Professional Services (Victoria, BC) is a cloud technology consulting company with a strong focus on helping teams harness Microsoft cloud technologies to run more effective businesses. Our client relationships are built through projects and coaching.
Who you are:
We are in search of an Office 365 Champion to join our growing team. We are looking for someone that loves to cause a spark of excitement when someone sees their business improve with technology. This individual will work with clients to understand their existing business process and guide them on how to improve them with technology tools. Our ideal candidate will have a passion for learning new technologies, paired with the patience required to walk an organization down the path of adoption.
Ideally, you are a Microsoft-centric professional who enjoys engaging in a variety of end-to-end projects. You thrive on creating custom solutions based on business and technical requirements. You have a solid working knowledge of the configuration, management, and use of Office 365 collaboration tools, including OneDrive, SharePoint, and Microsoft Teams and the rich tooling that surrounds them including Flow, PowerApps and Power BI. You like working with clients to help them drive engagement with these tools and appreciate the positive impact that modern technology can have on their daily work.
You are the type of person who constantly stays up to date on disruptive, breakthrough technology, and changing industry processes. You don’t mind “wearing multiple hats” and enjoy variety in your projects and responsibilities. You think critically about problems, always questioning how something can be done better with the goal of working smarter, not harder.
Motivated by meaningful work, you are looking for more than just a job; you want to work for a dynamic, growing company that is passionate about empowering people and businesses through technology. You want to do the right thing, and to do the thing right; at the same time, you aren’t afraid to ask questions about what you don’t know and admit when you might be wrong.
If this posting sounds like a position you would be excited about, but you don’t meet our requirements for experience and education, we would still like to meet you. We recognize the value of emotional intelligence and aptitude and are willing to invest in developing the skills of people who possess those qualities.
What your role will include:
The Office 365 Champion role at itgroove focuses on providing expertise to clients on Office 365 collaboration tools such as SharePoint, OneDrive, and Microsoft Teams, along with other Microsoft applications including Planner, Forms, PowerApps, Flow, and Power BI … and whatever comes next. Working together with our project managers and other technical team members, this individual delivers on a range of projects for a variety of clients by designing and implementing Office 365 solutions that streamline manual processes, encourage collaboration, and solve frustrations.
Your work will be broken down into the following areas:
- Office 365 Champion – 75%
- Business Analysis – 10%
- Project Management – 10%
- Administration – 5%
Office 365 Champion
- Work with clients to determine how their businesses can effectively implement solutions for communication and collaboration.
- Participate in discovery and planning sessions that uncover customer challenges and propose new solutions.
- Drive user adoption and advancement of cloud services by developing and implementing governance plans, empowering stakeholders to take ownership and interest in the technologies they adopt, translating the needs of end users into actionable recommendations, advising businesses on best practices for working within the Office 365 ecosystem, and collaborating cross-functionally to resolve complex and basic collaboration issues.
- Coach clients through technology and make recommendations for improvements as they relate to the O365 platform.
- Liaise with developers within our team regarding system integrations and when there isn’t “an app for that”.
- Communicate with other teams to define and clarify technical requirements.
- Provide support for business analysts and project managers, participate in the execution of rollouts/deployments, migrations, and upgrades; meet with users to determine software, application, or system needs; research solutions and provide users with recommendations for appropriate solutions to address their needs; provide training to users on various systems, applications, and software as needed.
- Work with clients to review business processes and systems and gather technical requirements and user stories for the implementation of new solutions.
- Produce wireframes and other documentation of requirements to translate to itgroove’s technical team.
- Assist with Request for Proposals responses to ensure project scope, assumptions, and constraints are captured.
- Work with the internal project team to plan, execute, monitor and close SharePoint, Office 365, and custom development projects.
- Work with the project manager to track and manage project budget, schedule, and overall scope.
- Participate in project status meetings.
- Participate in design and architecture meetings.
- Participate in meetings and track key decisions and next steps as needed.
- Positively influence the project team atmosphere by promoting good communication practices.
- Participate in project retrospectives meetings.
Other duties as assigned/required (don’t worry, we’d never assign you a task we wouldn’t do ourselves!)
Our ideal requirements:
- Post-secondary degree or certification in a relevant discipline or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years’ experience in a consulting, business-facing, or related interactive role.
- A history of delivering Office 365-based solutions using Microsoft Teams, PowerApps, Forms, Flow and other Microsoft tools to solve business problems and increase collaboration and access to data.
- Thorough understanding of the Office 365 Suite and environment including capabilities, plans, service descriptions and features.
- 2+ years of experience with SharePoint 2013 or 2016, or SharePoint Online and Office 365.
- Extensive experience architecting and deploying Office 365 and SharePoint Online.
- Experience with data manipulation, including visual display of data, preferably in Power BI.
- Experience planning and implementing workflows, preferably in Microsoft Flow.
- Experience with remote desktop support tools.
- Experience with monitoring software and systems to detect issues before they impact business operations.
- Experience writing business and technical documentation including proposals, architecture documents, and migration plans.
- Experience researching new and existing technologies to increase operational efficiency, performance and value to company stakeholders.
- Microsoft IT certifications is a nice-to-have; itgroove may cover cost of certification
- Ability to work independently with a high degree of initiative.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage competing priorities.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Comfortable working with both technical and business-focused teams.
- Ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Humility to recognize mistakes as learning opportunities and ask for help when needed.
- Willingness to learn and grow your skills.
Why work with us?
Our strength is our team. No one person can know it all. You don’t need to know all the answers, so long as you aren’t afraid to ask questions and keep an open mind. We support each other, learn from each other and have a great time doing it.
- You can build a career – learn from a strong team and gain experience with customer challenges. We want someone to grow with.
- You’ll be making a difference – we are passionate about getting organizations working smoothly, while supporting our community the best way we can.
Personal perks include:
- Premium employee health benefits package that includes extras such as massage, chiropractic, optometric, physiotherapy, naturopathic, counselling and more
- Paid sick and vacation days
- Flexibility to accommodate personal appointments during work hours
- Quality office furniture including quality standing desks, large and other workstation tools specifically selected to reduce back and body strain
- A monthly allowance provided to subsidize your existing cellphone plan
- An annual allowance to spend on professional development
- Four Office 365 software licenses for home and personal devices
- The option to work at two offices: one at the Save-On-Foods Memorial Centre (SOFMC) and one in Brentwood Bay
- At the Brentwood Bay office, you have access to:
- Secure bike storage, showers, and laundry
- Lots of natural light
- Lounge area with 84” TV screen
- Sonos speakers
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Free Parking
- Soda and other carbonated beverages
- All the coffee you can drink!
- No commute to downtown for folks who live on the peninsula
- At the SOFMC office, you have access to:
- Parking pass for free business hours parking
- Access to free Victoria Royals hockey tickets, including use of the company suite at SOFMC
- Sonos Speakers
- Soda and other carbonated beverages
- All the coffee you can drink!
- Access to pre-buying concerts and shows at SOFMC – including the occasional free ticket
- Use of SOFMC fitness area while not in use by Victoria Royals
- Weekly paid lunches on Fridays and monthly “Lunch and Learns” dedicated to professional development
- A fun work environment (retreats, Scotch, weekday games, etc.)
- Fun staff functions – annual Summer BBQ and Christmas party with complementary food and drinks
We’re good at what we do. And that means we can have fun and not take ourselves too seriously.
We deliver on cool ideas and unique projects with customers who align with our values. We are proud of our culture of equality – it doesn’t matter what your role is or how senior/experienced you are, your ideas, knowledge, and input are valued. Each of us has expertise to offer.
So, let’s connect, have a chat, and see if there is a fit.
- Location: Victoria and/or Brentwood Bay, BC
- Salary: Commensurate with experience – we are willing to tailor the role and pay to the individual
- Term: Permanent, full-time (37.5 hours/week)
- Start: ASAP (late August/early September)
How to Apply:
- Deadline to apply: Sunday, August 4 at midnight
- Please submit your resume and a cover letter in PDF format
- Please indicate the position you are applying for in the cover letter and email subject line
- Send email attachments to: email@example.com