Who we are:
itgroove Professional Services (Victoria, BC) is a cloud technology consulting company with a strong focus on helping teams harness Microsoft cloud technologies to run more effective businesses. Our client relationships are built through projects and coaching.
Who you are:
We are in search of a Project Manager/Business Analyst to join our growing team. We are looking for someone with a genuine interest in modern technology who is enthusiastic about learning and willing to adapt to an ever-changing environment. Our ideal candidate will have a solid grasp of cloud technologies, familiarity with the suite of products in the Microsoft ecosystem, and proven experience in delivering quality work.
Ideally, you are an experienced project manager who has a track record of successful project delivery and who likes to help refine systems and processes. You can break complex projects down into manageable phases and work with a team of talented architects, designers, and developers to deliver results in a timely manner. You don’t mind “wearing multiple hats” and enjoy variety in your projects and responsibilities. You think critically about problems, always questioning how something can be done better with the goal of working smarter, not harder.
Motivated by meaningful work, you are looking for more than just a job; you want to work for a dynamic, growing company that is passionate about empowering people and businesses through technology. You want to do the right thing, and to do the thing right; at the same time, you aren’t afraid to ask questions about what you don’t know and admit when you might be wrong.
If this posting sounds like a position you would be excited about, but you don’t meet our requirements for experience and education, we would still like to meet you. We recognize the value of emotional intelligence and aptitude and are willing to invest in developing the skills of people who possess those qualities.
What your role will include:
The Project Manager/Business Analyst role at itgroove focuses on capturing business requirements, providing guidance, discussing internally with our team about how these requirements can be achieved, ensuring that a project’s timelines and budget are maintained through each phase, and communicating when unforeseen issues or changes to a project arise.
Your work will be broken down into the following areas:
- Project Management – 45%
- Business Analysis – 35%
- Business Development – 15%
- Administration – 5%
- Plan, execute, monitor and close SharePoint, Office 365, and custom development projects
- Plan and schedule project work and meetings and allocate resources based on team capacity and overall project priorities
- Track and manage project budget, schedule, and overall scope
- Participate, lead, and coordinate project status meetings for team members and stakeholders
- Facilitate design and architecture discussions among internal technical staff and external stakeholders to achieve realistic solutions
- Participate in meetings and track key decisions and next steps
- In the event of change management, ensure appropriate communications and strategies are developed and implemented
- Positively influence the project team atmosphere by promoting good communication practices and motivating the team with positive reinforcement
- Perform project retrospectives meetings and capture lessons learned
- Celebrate each successful project by telling the story in a case study
- Work closely with the team on project proposals; present proposals to clients
- Work closely with clients to understand and capture business requirements
- Work with clients to review business processes and systems and gather requirements/user stories for the implementation of new solutions
- Produce wireframes and other documentation of requirements to translate to itgroove’s technical team
- Assist with Request for Proposals and Request for Information responses to ensure project scope, assumptions and constraints are captured
- Assist with telling the itgroove story (e.g. case studies, blog posts, videos, training, coaching, etc.)
- Assist the Business Development Manager to design and develop approaches to solving complex and ambiguous problems
- Assist the Business Development Manager to cultivate technical and operational excellence through metrics and continuous learning
- Other duties as assigned/required (don’t worry, we’d never assign you a task we wouldn’t do ourselves!)
Our ideal requirements:
- Post-secondary degree or certification in a relevant discipline or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years’ experience in a project management role, ideally in a technical environment
- 2+ years’ experience performing requirements analysis, conceptual and/or detailed business or technical solution design development
- Ability to work independently with a high degree of initiative
- Ability to prioritize tasks while juggling multiple projects
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Comfortable working with both technical and business-focused teams
- Ability to actively listen during requirements gathering and convert requests into technical objectives
- Ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Ability to communicate business and user needs to technical audiences
- Experience drafting project proposals and RFP responses for a technical audience
- Ability to ask questions and acknowledge your strengths when you do not fully understand technical details
- Solid working knowledge of the capabilities of the technologies we use in order to act as a bridge between functional and technical roles on projects
- Willingness to learn and grow your skills
Why work with us?
Our strength is our team. No one person can know it all. You don’t need to know all the answers, so long as you aren’t afraid to ask questions and keep an open mind. We support each other, learn from each other and have a great time doing it.
- You can build a career – learn from a strong team and gain experience with customer challenges. We want someone to grow with.
- You’ll be making a difference – we are passionate about getting organizations working smoothly, while supporting our community the best way we can.
Personal perks include:
- Premium employee health benefits package that includes extras such as massage, chiropractic, optometric, physiotherapy, naturopathic, counselling and more
- Paid sick and vacation days
- Flexibility to accommodate personal appointments during work hours
- Quality office furniture including quality standing desks, large and other workstation tools specifically selected to reduce back and body strain
- A monthly allowance provided to subsidize your existing cellphone plan
- An annual allowance to spend on professional development
- Four Office 365 software licenses for home and personal devices
- The option to work at two offices: one at the Save-On-Foods Memorial Centre (SOFMC) and one in Brentwood Bay
- At the Brentwood Bay office, you have access to:
- Secure bike storage, showers, and laundry
- Lots of natural light
- Lounge area with 84” TV screen
- Sonos speakers
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Free Parking
- Soda and other carbonated beverages
- All the coffee you can drink!
- No commute to downtown for folks who live on the peninsula
- At the SOFMC office, you have access to:
- Parking pass for free business hours parking
- Access to free Victoria Royals hockey tickets, including use of the company suite at SOFMC
- Access to pre-buying concerts and shows at SOFMC – including the occasional free ticket
- Use of SOFMC fitness area while not in use by Victoria Royals
- Weekly paid lunches on Fridays and monthly “Lunch and Learns” dedicated to professional development
- A fun work environment (retreats, Scotch, weekday games, etc.)
- Fun staff functions – annual Summer BBQ and Christmas party with complementary food and drinks
We’re good at what we do. And that means we can have fun and not take ourselves too seriously.
We deliver on cool ideas and unique projects with customers who align with our values. We are proud of our culture of equality – it doesn’t matter what your role is or how senior/experienced you are, your ideas, knowledge, and input are valued. Each of us has expertise to offer.
So, let’s connect, have a chat, and see if there is a fit.
- Location: Victoria and/or Brentwood Bay, BC
- Salary: Commensurate with experience – we are willing to tailor the role and pay to the individual
- Term: Permanent, full-time (37.5 hours/week)
- Start: ASAP (early July)
How to Apply:
- Deadline to apply: Monday, June 10 at midnight
- Please submit your resume and a cover letter in PDF format
- Please indicate the position you are applying for in the cover letter and email subject line
- Send email attachments to: email@example.com