fbpx

Company News

Download Standalone InfoPath 2013 for Office 2016

June 9, 2016

A while ago Microsoft announced the end of life for the InfoPath product in the Office suite. Since that time, Office 2016 has been released, and there’s still a large demand for the InfoPath product by a number of my colleagues and clients alike. Microsoft has not produced a new version of InfoPath for the 2016 office suite, but what they have produced is a version of InfoPath (still 2013) which is compatible with the Office 2016 suite.

Below is a link to the download from Microsoft of the “InfoPath 2013 for Office 365 ProPlus Subscription” product.

This download will allow you to have both a copy of Office 2016 together with InfoPath 2013. Note that theoretically if you had Office 2013 you could uninstall all but the InfoPath 2013 product and then install Office 2016 and possibly have a working version of InfoPath that way, but I have not tried this approach, as there’s really no benefit to doing this. I have however used the download above, and it works great together with Office 2016.

17 Responses

1. Joe says:

Hi Colin – thanks for the info. I’m experiencing an issue with InfoPath 2013 installed in an Office 2016 Pro suite in our company. Out of curiosity, the above link is for Office 365 but our company doesn’t use that platform. We use the traditional desktop app. Therefore, can you tell me if Microsoft offers a compatible version of InfoPath 2013 for the desktop install? If not, what is the recommended manner to install InfoPath 2013 in our Office 2016 environment? Thanks in advance.

2. Sally McCabe says:

Does anyone know if InfoPath 2013 will run on a 64 bit machine? We have been upgrading our laptops to 64 bit machines and have installed InfoPath 2013 on one of those 64 bit machines but we cannot get it to run. Any ideas? Thanks.

3. Sally McCabe says:

Does anyone know if InfoPath 2013 will run on 64 bit machines? We have it installed and running on a 32 bit machine but that one is being replaced by a 64 bit machine. We installed InfoPath 2013 on it but cannot get it to run. Thanks.

• Joe says:

Hi Sally – we are running InfoPath 2013 on Windows 10 Enterprise (64 bit) without issue – other than an issue I’m having with creating/modifying database connections between InfoPath 2013 forms and Access 2016 databases. However, as to the reason for your specific issue, I’m sorry that I wouldn’t know that answer. But at least you know it does work on 64 bit. Hope this leads you to your answer.

• Wes says:

Hi Joe, I am having issues using InfoPath 2013 with Access 2016.

I am able to use other Office 2016 products perfectly fine with InfoPath 2013. But as soon as I run Access 2016 and it needs to ‘complete the installation’ (sorry that is vague I don’t recall the actual prompts that are displayed) InfoPath 2013 (filer) will constantly crash…. I am using the 32bit installation for both products on Win7.

4. Kleone Nunes says:

Hi Colin

Your news is very good.
    I use Office 365 and Infopath 2013. And I have a question:
    I see that the forms sent to me arrive as an attachment in the email. Is there a setting that allows the form to automatically open within the body of the email message?

Thanks and hugs.

5. Jonathan Argue says:

Hi Colin,

So, if you are looking for forms capabilities, besides InfoPath, what would the suggested MS alternative tool be?

Cheers,
    J

6. Srikanth Madhavan says:

I have already info path 2103. Now my system got reinstalled the 2016 Ms office. Can the 2013 info path will able to use in 2016 Ms office.

7. Ryan says:

How does this work with licensing? Will I need to separately purchase Infopath 2013 licenses (assuming you can still get them)? Or is this included in the O365 Pro Plus subscription?

8. Abdul says:

Hi Colin,

I’m installing Infopath 2013 on Windows 10 Pro x64. Every time it showing Error “Setup can not find Office.en-us\OfficeLR.cab. Brows a valid installation source, and then click Ok.

9. John C-Man says:

We just upgraded to WIN 10 with Office 2016. We also have InfoPath 2013 installed. We can open forms that were previously created with WIN 7/Office 2010/InfoPath 2010, and we can create new forms with our current configuration, but cannot save the form that was newly created. We click NEW, fill in the info, click SAVE and SUBMIT, receive a control number, but then an error when it tries to save.

10. Matt says:

Does the InfoPath 2013 need a subscription to activate? My organization will not do anything cloud based, and is migrating to Office 2016, but we need InfoPath.

11. Louis says:

I’m getting an installation error immediately:
    Error: “The installation package failed”